It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad...

Friday, January 21, 2005

Wow. I like Patton Oswalt.

This is from his Jan 2005 mailbag.

"Just wanted to commend Patton for a great show on New Years Eve, and to thank him for a subtle, yet important, adjustment he made to one of his jokes. He was doing a joke where he was imitating a typical Bush supporter, and had adopted a southern accent and a manner of speaking that sounded like a drunk autistic schoolchild. After about half a sentence, he realized what he was doing, dropped the accent, and just continued the joke in his normal voice. Why is this important? It is important because I noticed a certain vibe from the other comics on the bill that portrayed California and the East Coast as the only places in the country that are worth living in, and even proclaimed everything in between as a "vast wasteland".

John H.

— I've never called the land between L.A. and New York a "vast wasteland". I use the more respectful, "Darwin's Cum Rag" . P.O."

I am going to go buy everything this man has ever done, ever.

I might even start watching "King of Queens".

Actually, probably not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home